Monday, July 02, 2018

July 1 - New Beginnings

For 2018, July 1 falls on a Sunday.  It is the beginning of a new week, a new month, a new quarter.  It is summer and the weather is perfect.  Making it the perfect time for a new start.

I've been listening to Mel Robbins' book "The 5 Second Rule".  The gist of the rule is that you can change any habit in 5 seconds, but interrupting and redirecting your thoughts.

Add to this, Brian and I have book our first major vacation together.  We've traveled, we've even left the country.  But there were always children at home with grandma, work or other responsibilities to worry about.

So . . .  I have decided to use the five second rule to be more grateful, more faithful, more healthy, more in-tune with me.  I want to enjoy our trip with worries.

I created this poster and have it by the door in my office.  My thinking is to remind myself to turn left when I am restless.  The candy box, candy bowl, licorice tub and kitchen are all to the right!


No comments:

Post a Comment