Sunday, December 13, 2009

Snow. More SNOW. SLEDDING!!!

It's been snowing off and on for a week now. On Sunday, 12/6 we awoke with below zero temperatures and a frozen condensation line for our furnace. Yeah! The boys have been asking to go sledding all week. Yesterday we bundled up and headed for Willard Hill (about 8 miles west of Susanville). Hannah didn't want to go and Brian wasn't feeling well so it was just the boys and I. I missed the turn off to the access road because the snow plow had created a fairly high berm that blocked the road from the highway. We turned around and went back to get a better look. Parker asked if we were going to have to go back home. I told him no; we were just going to put it in four wheel drive low and go for it (my dad would have been proud)! Once we were over and breaking trail Parker says, "Wow Mom, that wasn't too bad. Were you scared?" I replied, "Nope." To which he added, "Other moms would have been scared. You rock mom!" Talk about melt your heart. :o) Here are a few pictures I managed to take.

Going up . . .
Coming down . . .
Our lonely truck in the parking area. At 10:30 am we were the only ones there. The boys had the hill to themselves for over an hour.
This was the view at the bottom of the hill. I thought it was a pretty picture. It was snowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment