Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hannah's Room

From the day we moved into this house Hannah has been bugging us to paint her room. Probably because for the last couple of years we lived in Dufur we had talked about painting her "white" room a different color. At that time it was blue. Now it is purple. So she went to WalMart and brought home paint swatches. I had her cut them apart and tape them to her wall in different color combos. Thank you Nancy Taylor for that idea! Finally she decided on the exact purple she wanted, Brian bought paint and began the project over Thanksgiving break. Yes it took us THAT long to get it done.

We where shopping at Ross in Reno and found the green curtain. I really liked the color too, but wasn't sure how it would look with the purple. We found a paint swatch to match it and Brian bought paint. I was worried, but it turned out pretty good and Hannah likes it. Which is ALL that matters these days. :o)

The stripes were a pain in the keester. Thanks Gina Aldridge! Hannah saw some pictures of what Gina had done with Carlie and Berkeley's rooms. I talked her out of the polka dots. No way was I taking on that challenge. Once I got the hang of the tape and the level, the stripes actually went pretty fast. And yes I know I should have ironed the curtain!



No comments:

Post a Comment