Sunday, July 11, 2010

Vacation Day 1

I had great plans to blog each day of our vacation. So much for great plans! Too much driving, late nights visiting and being in the 3% of the US (South Dokota & Eastern Minnesota) that does NOT have AT&T cell service!

We had a great time even though Hannah and I started out tired. We went to the midnight show of Eclipse Tuesday night. This time I was on top of my game and bought ticket 2 weeks in advance! =) After the movie, we went to my office so I could work on a project I was trying to finish before leaving. Brian and the boys picked us up at 5:30am.

We drove to Salt Lake City. The kids have never been there and I had never driven in from the west before. The salt flats are amazing. People even leave messages written in them with rocks. After checking into our hotel and grabbing some dinner, we went to temple square. We got there just in time to watch the new Joseph Smith movie, but just missed the visitor center as it was closing.

Temple square is so beautiful and peaceful in the heart of the city. I wish we could have stayed longer, but the next day called for more driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment