Sunday, July 11, 2010

Vacation Day 2

After have a nice breakfast at our hotel, we headed northeast out of Salt Lake City and into Evinston, WY. I call the interstate that runs east/west across Wyoming and Nebraska the "treadmill highway". Once you get up out of Evinston, it is pretty much straight for hundreds and hundreds of miles. To me it feels like you are driving and getting no where!

We had lunch in Rawlins, WY at a park with a retired Union Pacific engine. It was windy, but nice.

We finally made it to North Platte, NE where my friend DeeDee and her family live. We had BBQ dinner and stayed up visiting with her and her daughter Delana until well past midnight. I wished we could have stayed longer here too. So much to talk about! Our boys and Delana's boys got along really well. We all decided we must get together again!

I totally forgot to take pictures. :o(

1 comment:

  1. You didn't stop at Martin's Cove? I bet your kids would've loved pushing the handcarts. I love church history sites!

    ReplyDelete